Root canal treatment is necessary when the pulp of the tooth has been damaged beyond repair. This usually results in inflammation or infection and it triggers a severe toothache. It is often proves to be a hassle-free, long-lasting repair of a tooth, especially when conducted by a competent dentist.
A root canal treatment has always been one of the most dreaded dental visits due to its association with being a painful procedure. Nowadays, thanks to the latest technological advances like microscope-enhanced dentistry, root canal treatment is a painless routine procedure. If you too are experiencing tooth decay or severe toothache, then read on to know and understand the basics of it and how a microscopic treatment would be the best bet for you.
How root canal treatment is performed?
As part of the Root Canal Treatment, first, the infected pulp is removed by an experienced dentist. The hollow part of the tooth is then filled with a sealant. After the process, the tooth is restored using fillings or a crown.
Sometimes, in tooth decay, bacteria can infect the pulp chamber. The pulp chamber of the teeth is enclosed and completely protected by the tooth enamel. Dentists need precision to remove the infected pulp and apply sealants.
At South Flores Family Dental, our dentists rely on the more sophisticated and accurate microscope for these treatments. The microscope helps our dentists to get a better, more magnified view of the root canal which facilitates enhanced precision of the treatment.
Here are the benefits of microscope-enhanced root canal treatment
1. The dental microscope allows the dentist to locate, clean, and fill extra canals and spaces within an infected tooth that may otherwise have been missed.
2. Using a dental microscope, teeth and gums can be viewed at between 2x to 40x magnification, while being illuminated by a bright LED light. The dentist performing your treatment can see things that are not visible to the naked eye. This helps the dentist to fill the root canal precisely and make the tooth margins smooth so crowns and fillings fit accordingly.
3. Improved precision in microscope-enhanced dentistry means less tooth structure is removed during the treatment and the chances of post-operative sensitivity may be reduced.
4. Detection and correction of fine cracks are possible using dental microscopes. Microscopic procedures enhance the effectiveness of dental procedures and help in achieving fantastic results.
5. During your microscope-enhance root canal appointment, the accurate treatment will affect the least possible surgical area. It results in faster healing of soft tissues and bones and minimal damage and discomfort.
Apart from this treatment, you may find your dentist using a microscope for treatments such as:
- Patient examinations
- Restorative procedures
- Crown preparations
- Cosmetic procedures e.g. veneers
- Treatment of gum diseases
- Oral surgery
- Dental implants
Book an appointment
Microscope-assisted root canal treatment increases the diagnostic abilities and the safety of the treatment, ensuring its success and making the treatment painless for you. If you would like to know more about how dental microscopes can help you make your next treatment painless and comfortable, book a free consultation today! Call us at (210) 225-3333.